Card counting is the process of trying to figure out how many cards a dealer has. That is, how many hands the deck has actually been played with. In most cases (if not all cases), the answer to this question will reveal how many cards a dealer has and how many more cards are left. Thus, knowing how many cards there are also gives you an idea how much money is in the pot–but more on that in a later article.
In fact, the way a dealer makes his living is by figuring out how many cards a player has. The fact is that the best and worst casino gamblers both have similar ways of doing it. In any case, both of them are getting paid (usually) for figuring out how many cards a player has. Here’s a quick overview of how many card dealers think they can count cards:
– Blackjack players are always counting cards. You’ve heard that before, but it still holds true. If you’re in the middle of a game, and the dealer suddenly calls, “card count,” don’t be alarmed. You’re just used to the habit of playing blackjack. Soon, though, you’ll learn that counting cards is a complete losing proposition in blackjack.
– Blackjack card counters can “see” cards by means of a special device they call a card detector. This device looks at the surface of the cards so that it can determine whether a card is a real one or not. Card detectors do this with an infrared lens. Of course, the accuracy of such detectors is rather suspect.
– Blackjack card counter equipment can detect if a card is a fake by means of an infrared lens and a Doppler device. These devices will tell the player (from a certain distance away) whether the card is a real one or not. The advantage to the card counter is that he/she will be able to bet (quit) while playing–something you cannot do when playing the hand. While playing, however, you will not know if the card is a fake, and as mentioned above, counting cards is one of the surest ways to lose. Count cards is a losing proposition, and card counting is not a wise idea if you want to go long at the casino.
– An electronic betting system is one way that blackjack players use to beat the dealer. The software (computerized program) will compute the best possible hands for you and let you know the cards that you should not bet. Of course, there’s no guarantee that using such a system is foolproof, but it certainly beats the dealer in that regard.
– You can bluff your way to a win, too. However, this can work against you, as the dealer may catch on and call your bluff. You can, of course, hire an expert or play against a better deck–but then it all comes down to chance. If you don’t think the deck is your finest, don’t play. But if you think it is, bet and play. Of course, if you’ve already seen what the band looks like, or have a good idea beforehand as to what the cards look like, then you can always bluff if the situation warrants it.
– There are some online casino websites that claim that they have a secret formula for guessing the number of cards dealt to the player. However, these systems are not proven and it is actually illegal to publish any card-guessing technique, such as that above, for commercial use. Play the game correctly and be honest, and you’ll be just fine.
Powered By Impressive Business WordPress Theme